Snelling Staffing has an immediate need for a Warehouse Manager for a small Distribution Center in Windsor, CT. The Warehouse Manager will handle daily operations of the distribution center, including processing, sorting, transferring, and bundling mail parcels for shipment and delivery. The successful applicant will maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse (mail sorting) team and provide impeccable customer service to our onsite client.
The Warehouse Manager will be required to meet key performance indicators including maintaining site profitability, safety measures, and promoting a positive work environment. This person will work together with management to maximize productivity on the floor, ensure training & retention plans are followed as well as manage workforce to reduce overtime expenses.
This is a very hands-on position. To be successful, this person will need to be active on the floor 90% of the shift. This is not an office position.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Manage the production of employees on the floor including scheduling, managing, and coaching.
- Works on the client floor daily to properly retain employees, review safety issues, and address employee relations issues.
- Confirms and schedules employees for daily shifts. Ensures overtime is minimized through proper staffing efforts.
- Provides daily reports up to management regarding cost and production.
- Responsible for meeting Cost Per Piece and Downtime Goals on a daily basis.
Warehouse Supervisor Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of professional experience in a high pressure, customer service-oriented environment
- Staffing industry experience is a plus
- Strong communication & strong customer service skills required
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) required
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on business demands. Overtime will be expected especially during peak months (September – January)
Warehouse Manager Benefits:
- Base salary plus commission
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Vacation Time
- 401K options
- Premier company in our industry
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Keywords: warehouse, general labor, labor, operations, staffing, job, full-time, full time, manager, management, leader, shift lead, team lead, general manager, scheduling, work force, work force management, trainer, train, training, payroll, distribution, supervisor, supervision, leadership, mail, processing
Windsor, Connecticut 06095
APPLY FOR JOB